EFFICIENT KNOWLEDGE TRANSFER FOR SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS
TWT Business Solutions developed a Connector to index all data from Atlassian JIRA into the Google Cloud Search (GCS). The Connector offers the quality and efficiency of a Google search within the content of JIRA.
ATLASSIAN JIRA TICKET SYSTEM FOR YOUR WORKFLOW
JIRA is a solid system enabling efficient knowledge transfer in software development. Using JIRA employees gain access to your entire knowledge pool. The current workflow of individual projects is made visible and employees can see upcoming and completed tasks immediately. In consequence redundant work on issues that have already been solved can be avoided.
WORK RESOURCE SAVING AND REDUCE YOUR EMPLOYEES’ WORKLOAD
The use of this powerful connection between JIRA and the Google Cloud Search offers many benefits for the user. As an additional part of a universal search all relevant sources will be searched. Apart from supporting teams to find problems and their appropriate solutions much more easily the JIRA Connector also offers a self service solution. Here users themselves can solve their problems much faster without having to create a ticket. Employees do not have to wait for results from expensive service providers and can act more efficiently and flexibly. This reduces employees’ workload and saves time and resources.
TWT is one of the first companies that has a commercial connector for the new Google Cloud Search. It’s a native connector that runs as a JIRA Plugin, based on the Google Cloud Search SDK. Together with Google we have made several improvements to the framework to make it even more solid.
PLUGIN INFRASTRUCTURE BENEFITS
- Easy installation (upload the plugin and you’re ready to go)
- No additional hardware needed
- Extremely resource-saving due to Confluence plugin architecture (no unnecessary network or web-service overhead)
- Real time indexing: Since the plugin is triggered by every content and ACL change in Confluence, the changes are directly pushed to the Google Cloud Search
- Highest functional value from both technologies
- Consideration of authorization scheme and permission hierarchy: Google Cloud Search provides a fast and relevant search under consideration of existing Confluence access rights
- Support and maintenance by TWT included in the license
Content Source: Atlassian JIRA On-Premise: https://www.atlassian.com/de/software/jira
- Supported Version(s) of the source: 7.x / 8.x and up
- Platform & deployment methodology: JIRA Plugin SDK and Google Cloud Search SDK based