EFFICIENT SEARCH IN YOUR DAILY BUSINESS
TWT Business Solutions developed a Connector to index all data from Atlassian Confluence into the Google Cloud Search (GCS). The Connector offers the quality and efficiency of a Google search within the content of Confluence.
BEST OF BOTH TECHNOLOGIES
The Connector intelligently combines two high end technologies for your advantage and ensures that Confluence content is searched with excellent relevance within GCS. GCS provides a fast and relevant faceted search that guides the user fast and easy to the desired results.
INDEXING OF DIFFERENT CONTENT ELEMENTS
All important information from Confluence is transmitted to Google Cloud Search. Also existing Confluence permissions are taken into account.
Overview of supported content elements:
- Blog entries
- Labels for wiki pages and blog entries
- ACL information
By indexing meta information the user can find the desired search results even faster. This allows a user friendly search interface and enables a faceted search with combinable filters. Also you can leverage the power of the Google Cloud Search NLP features.
TWT Google Cloud Search (GCS) Confluence Connector
TWT already developed and maintained the official Confluence Connector for the Google Search Appliance (GSA). The experiences and knowhow has been transferred to the Google Cloud Search (GCS) solution and so TWT developed the first commercial Confluence Connector for the new Google Cloud Search. The Connector is a native connector that runs as a Plugin directly within Confluence, based on the Google Cloud Search SDK. Furthermore together with Google TWT made several improvements to the official Google Connector Framework to provide an even more solid solution.
Google Cloud Search Frontend Integration
PLUGIN INFRASTRUCTURE BENEFITS
- Easy installation (upload the plugin and you’re ready to go)
- No additional hardware needed
- Extremely resource-saving due to Confluence plugin architecture (no unnecessary network or web-service overhead)
- Real time indexing: Since the plugin is triggered by every content and ACL change in Confluence, the changes are directly pushed to the Google Cloud Search
- Highest functional value from both technologies
- Consideration of authorization scheme and permission hierarchy: Google Cloud Search provides a fast and relevant search under consideration of existing Confluence access rights
- Support and maintenance by TWT included in the license
Native Confluence PlugIn technology
Content Source: Atlassian Confluence On-Premise (https://www.atlassian.com/software/confluence)
- Supported Version(s): Atlassian Confluence (OnPrem) 6.x / 7.x and up
- Platform & deployment methodology: Confluence Plugin SDK and Google Cloud Search SDK based